The Fire That Burns

Written By: D’be-D’be


David slammed the front door to the brownstone with an exuberant bang.

“Oliver, Oliver, where are you?” he yelled out in joyful enthusiasm. “I know you’re home because your car is in the driveway. Oliver?”

“He must be in the basement in the photography studio,” David stated to himself as he headed for the basement. He bounded down the stairs two at a time still shouting out his partners’ name. As he came around the corner, he noticed the red light on above the door to Oliver’s studio. He pressed down on the intercom button next to the door.

“Hey, Ollie, is that you in there?”

“Who else would it be, Davey?” Oliver’s voice held a teasing tone in his reply.

“Guess what Ollie?”

“What?”

“Oh, I don’t want to tell you through an intercom. May I come in?”

“No you may not! You know the door can’t be open when I’m developing film. Go on upstairs and fix us both a drink. I’ll be done in a few minutes then you can share your exciting news with me, okay?”

Not too happy at the prospect of waiting but knowing he had no choice, David headed back up the stairs and made his way to the liquor cabinet where he mixed Oliver a gin and tonic and himself a scotch and water. He must have looked at his watch ten times while waiting for Oliver to finish his work and was about to make his way back down the stairs when Oliver appeared.

“Finally,” David sighed impatiently.

Oliver just laughed at his partner’s lack of patience as he took the glass from David’s outstretched hand. “Sorry, kiddo, but I have deadlines. Now what’s up? Why are you so excited?” Her took a seat in his favorite overstuffed chair and gestured to David to come join him.

David needed no other encouragement. He was soon sitting on Oliver’s lap with a huge grin on his face and the excitement he felt when he first came in beginning to show again on his face. Before saying a word, he took a moment to give his partner a passionate kiss; then began sharing his news with Oliver. “Well, Ollie , you know I’ve been carrying out some negotiations between the city and the NYFD, right? Well today a consensus was reached and the Fire Department was so grateful, they asked if there was anyway they could repay me. When I told them I always dreamed of being a fireman and how it would feel to slide down the fire pole or fly down the city street going 100 miles an hour with the siren blowing, the Captain invited me to the station Saturday morning to do an eight hour shift with him. Isn’t that the most super, awesome thing you ever heard?”

Oliver, however, wasn’t as excited as David was at the news. The thought of his lover being in harm’s way unnerved him somewhat, but he came to a quick conclusion that the Fire Captain would never let a civilian be in a position where his life was at risk so he pushed down any thoughts of pessimism and doubt, and put a smile on his face. ‘Yes, kiddo, that is exciting.”

“I knew you’d agree and I can’t wait. I think I’ll rent some movies to put me in the mood.”

“What movies?” Oliver asked.

“You know; Back Draft and Ladder 49. I may even watch some old episodes of Emergency on the oldie station.”

“Okay, but do you think we could eat first? I’m a little hungry.”

“Oh damn, sorry, Ollie, in my excitement I forgot it was my turn to make supper. What do you feel like?”

“Why don’t we just go out and have some burgers, then stop by the video store on the way home?”

“Oh, Ollie, I love you.”

“I love you too, kiddo. Now finish your drink and we’ll be off.”

The week went slowly for David, but too quickly for Oliver. He was working on a deadline for a story on corruption in the garbage industry and was in the process of taping and editing interviews with an anonymous source, so he had little time to spend with his partner.

David understood and spent his time alone watching the episodes of Emergency he had borrowed from a co-worker. By Friday night he was so pumped he had trouble sleeping. He tossed and turned to the point where he knew he was keeping Oliver awake, although he never heard a complaint from the other side of the bed. Actually the opposite occurred.

Without making a sound, Oliver slipped his hand down between David’s legs and began to manipulate him until an erection occurred. He then slipped under the covers and with his skilled tongue and mouth he eased the tension right out of David’s body. Soon the young man was fast asleep in Oliver’s arms with a wide grin on his face.

David was already up and making breakfast when Oliver awoke. He showered and dressed quickly then joined his partner at the kitchen table for bacon and eggs.

“Wow, Ollie, I want to thank you for the ‘sleeping pill’ you gave me last night.” David chucked as he kissed his lover good morning.

“Anytime, kiddo, and maybe some night you can repay the favour.”

“You can count on it.” David smirked. “What are you going to be doing today, Ollie, while I’m at the Fire Station?”

“I have to meet with a couple more sources for my story then Elliot and I are going over to the club to play some racket ball.”

“Sounds great: I’ll be home around six pm and I hope you’ll be here when I get back.”

“I’ll do my best. Now I have to go. Have fun, kiddo, and please listen to the Captain and don’t put yourself in any situation where you may be in jeopardy. Okay?”

“I’ll do my best,” David stated jokingly.

With a very serious voice Oliver grabbed David by the shoulders and looked him right in the eyes as he replied. “I mean it, David; don’t go fooling around out there. Remember just watching TV about firemen doesn’t make you one. Is that understood?”

“Yes, Oliver, I understand. Don’t worry. I’ll stay close to the truck if we go to a fire; I promise.”

“Good!” Oliver gave David a playful slap on his butt as he kissed him good-bye.

After Oliver left, David cleaned up the breakfast dishes before starting to get ready to leave. Just as he opened the front door, a thought occurred to him. The day would really be complete if he had a video history of the event. So without thinking of the consequences for his actions, David ran down the stairs and grabbed a video camera from Oliver’s studio. He also grabbed a tape from the shelf but didn’t take the time to check the tape to ensure it was blank. He just threw the camera and tape in the bag and ran out the door.

He had a tremendous day! He got to slide down the pole several times and the Captain even allowed him to assist the engineer with the hoses and gages. He got a lot of footage of himself playing fireman and he couldn’t wait to show it to Oliver.

David came running through the door holding the camera and waving the honorary fireman’s badge the Captain gave him. One look at his Tops face stopped his enthusiasm in its tracks. Oliver’s face was red with anger and his eyes were as cold as ice as he starred his Brat down.

“David Matthew Bradford, get your butt in here this instant.”

‘Oh shit, I’m in trouble,’ David thought. Having his full name thrown at him was not a good sign. “What’s wrong, Oliver? Were you concerned because I was a little late? I’m sorry about that but the guys held a little ceremony for me after the shift was over. See they presented me with a honorary fireman’s badge.” David held the shiny object out for Oliver to see.

“Did you capture the moment on film for prosperity?” Oliver asked sarcastically.

“Yes, as a matter of fact I did.” Then it hit David. ‘Oh my God; I took the camera out of Oliver’s studio without asking permission.’ He had broken one of the top three rules. His face turned pale at the same time his legs grew weak. He slumped down on the sofa, the badge still in his now shaking hand.

“Oh, Oliver, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t thinking. I just wanted to share my day with you and since you couldn’t be there I thought a video of the event would be the next best thing.”

“You thought that, did you? While your mind was going threw that thought process, did it occur to you to check to see if there was a tape in the camera?”

“Well of course I checked, that would be silly of me wouldn’t it?”

“Silly isn’t the word I’m thinking of. Did you check if there was anything on the tape that you took from my studio; the studio that is OFF LIMITS to you when I’m not here; the studio where I do all my work?”

David’s stomach began to turn. The chilli he had at the fire house was threatening to make its’ way up his throat. Just by the way Oliver was asking his questions David knew he had really blown it, big time.

“Answer me, David! Did you take the time to check the tape?”

“No,” was all the young man could manage to get out. The lump in this throat was getting bigger by the moment.

“Right; let me tell you about my day, David. While you were playing fireman, I was being ragged out by my boss because I didn’t have the film interview of a very important witness to the story I’m doing. I had to tell him that when I came home after my two other interviews to retrieve said item, I discovered the footage was missing, along with my new camera. He wasn’t too pleased with me, because he had promised the networks an exclusive story and now he had nothing to give them. He had to call the studio to explain the film was delayed. He then put me on notice that if I did not have that film in his hands by Monday morning, my job would be on the line.”

By the time Oliver finished his tale, David knew he was in deep, deep trouble. He started to say something, but Oliver cut him off.

“I want you to go upstairs to our room and stay there until I come get you. I am too angry to deal with your punishment right now and as I told you when our discipline relationship began, I will never spank you in anger. So get upstairs and give me time to calm down.”

David, with eyes on the floor, scurried past Oliver, ran up the stairs, threw himself face down on the bed and allowed the tears to flow. How could have he have been so careless and reckless? How could he possibly make this up to Oliver? He cried until exhaustion overtook him and he fell asleep.

To calm himself down, Oliver went next door to his friend and mentor.

Elliot allowed Oliver to rant and rage for a half hour to get all the anger out. When he came to the conclusion that Oliver was calm enough to listen, he began to advice his friend on how he could deal with his young Brat. “Oliver, I’m sure by now David realizes the seriousness of his actions and has come to the conclusion that a spanking is definitely in his future. What you have to decide, is if it is enough of punishable offense to use an implement.”

“I feel that it is. He not only broke two of the top three rules, he put my job on the line.”

“I agree. So how do you feel about using something besides your hand to administer the punishment?”

“It will be the first time I use an object, but I am confident in my ability to maintain control and still get the message across.”

“Very well then, if the anger is completely out of your system and you know what has to be done, there is no need to put it off any longer.”

David awoke to the sound of Oliver making his way up the stairs. He began to tremble when he noticed a wooden spoon in his Top’s hand.

Without a word Oliver walked over to sit next to his Brat and turned him unto his back. He brushed the hair out of his eyes and frowned when he noticed the dried tear-tracks still on the young man’s cheeks. “David, you know what you did was a very serious offense and you also know in our discussions you and I agreed there may be times when I will be spanking you with an implement. Do you remember agreeing to this?”

“Yes, Sir,” was all David said.

“And do you agree your actions today demand a spanking with something other than my hand?”

“Yes, Oliver.”

“Alright, come here and lay over my lap,” Oliver gently ordered. When David was in position, Oliver began the discipline. He used his hand at first to prepare David’s bare buttocks for the spoon. After Oliver had warmed up the skin, he took hold of the spoon and with intense but not unbearable force he laid ten swats down on the young man. That was all it took. David began to earnestly cry out and apologies for his actions. Oliver threw the spoon to the floor and lifted David into his arms.

“Oh, Ollie,” David cried as he saw tears swimming in Oliver’s eyes. “I’m so sorry for what I did. I know this form of punishment was necessary but I realize how much it hurt you do have to carry it out. Please let me know how I can make it up to you. I love you so much and you have to believe I did not set out this morning to put your job in jeopardy.”

All anger was out of Oliver’s system now and only his love for the young man he held in his arms, remained. “I know that, Davey. You don’t have a malicious bone in your body. Don’t worry about my job, I’m the best reporter my boss has and he knows it. I can handle him. I called my source from Elliot’s house and he agreed to meet me tomorrow morning, so everything is back on track. What happened today will always be a reminder to you that I have good reason to ask you to stay out of my studio. I have a strong suspicion you will think twice before you borrow any equipment from me again. Am I right?”

Spotting the wooden spoon on the floor at Oliver’s feet and still feeling the sting it caused on his bare skin, David was quick to agree that Oliver was absolutely right. He also realized that fire comes in many forms, because at this moment he couldn’t wait to sit in a cool tub and put out the fire burning on his butt. When he stated that fact to his partner, Oliver laughed so hard he almost dropped David on the floor.

When Oliver finally regained control, he set the young man on his feet and walked with him into the bathroom to run the tub, calling out; “Station 51, there’s a fire on David Bradford’s butt. Please respond!”

Laughing at Oliver’s attempt at humor and knowing that all was forgiven, David replied as he repeatedly kissed Oliver’s face, “KMG 365!”

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment